Keep glass surfaces cleaner for longer and improve visibiliity
Using a glass coating will give the glass surfaces hydrophobic properties allowing them to repel dirt to keep them cleaner for longer. It will also repel water giving you better visibility while driving in wet conditions.
Remove stubborn dirt and grime
Before using a dedicated glass cleaner it is worth removing as much dirt and grime as possible with a shampoo. This will make using the glass cleaner more effective providing you with a clear, streak free glass finish. If you are going to clean the whole car don't forget to use the two bucket wash method.
- Microfibre Wash Mitt (£9.95): Quality microfibre/cotton wash mitt with ultra fine micro fibres that provide a soft and delicate clean.
- 20" x 24" Liquid8r Drying Towel (£11.95):A twisted loop drying towel that feels substantial and absorbs everything that it touches.
02. Glass Cleaner
Achieve a clear streak free finish
Once the glass surfaces have been washed and dried with a dedicated drying towel, spray the glass cleaner onto a dedicated glass towel and wipe up-down and side-to-side. All residue should disappear leaving a streak free finish. For best results, apply out of direct sunlight to cool to touch glass.
- Premium Glass Towel (£5.95): A premium towel with twist loop weave materual that achieves perfectly clean and clear glass finish.
03. Surface Prep
Prepare the surface for a strong bond
To make sure the glass coating holds it is important to remove existing silicones, waxes, and sealants to ensure the optimal bond is established between the glass and glass coating. The Autobead Surface Prep is a multi-solvent panel wipe which gives a measured and predictable flash off, ensuring that nothing is left behind. Ensure the surface is clean, dry, and coll to touch. Then spray the Surface Prep onto the surface and wipe off with a clean, dry microfibre cloth.
- Two 40x40cm Premium Seamless Microfibre Cloths (£3.99): High quality seamless premium microfibre cloths ideal for applying spray protection products to sensitive surfaces and paintwork.
04. Ceramic Glass Coating
Keep glass surfaces cleaner for longer
It's time to protect the glass to keep it cleaner for longer and improve visibility. Apply a line of the glass coating to the application block, using firm pressure apply in a circular motion, keeping to tight overlapping circles until the surface area is fully covered. Then buff off using a buffing towel, using a side-to-side motion. Allow 2 hours in a dry environment to fully cure. This product has a fast flash period, so apply to half of the windscreen at a time.
- Eagle Edgeless 16"x16" Buffing Towel (£5.50): This flagship towel is perfect to use when buffing detailing sprays, waxes and sealants with ease.